Last Updated on 1 year by Anyhumidifier
Cool and warm mist humidifiers are available from ReliOn. Warm models produce warm air, while cool mist models refresh and cool the space. Both models draw dry air through the system, while a silent fan blows out air with balanced moisture from the other side. The incoming air is filtered via an interior filter, which traps bacteria and minerals.
Although ReliOn humidifiers do not produce a noticeable mist, you will notice that the water level in the tank drops throughout the day, indicating that they are working. The water tank, filter, removable tray, and power base are the humidifier’s main components. Choose between two control settings to operate the unit.
- Place your ReliOn humidifier at least six inches from the wall on a flat, level, water-resistant surface.
- Pull the water tank away from the base by its handle. To remove minerals, remove the filter from the base and soak it in a sink filled with cool water.
- To unscrew the fill cap, turn the tank upside down and counterclockwise.
- Cool tap water should be used to fill the water tank. To secure the cap, replace it and turn it clockwise.
- Remove the filter from the chilly water and set it aside. The filter should not be wrung out. Please return it to its original location in the base.
- Replace the tank in the base and tighten the screws.
- Connect the humidifier to a polarized 120V outlet and turn the humidifier off.
- Set the “Control” to “High” for quicker operation or “Normal” for slower yet quieter operation. If condensation forms on the room’s windows or walls, turn off the humidifier.
Relion Cool Mist Humidifier instructions
When your heaters are on, and in arid climates, dry indoor air is prevalent in the winter. According to the Mayo Clinic, whether you have sinus problems, allergies, asthma, or the common cold, a humidifier will help relieve your symptoms. Humidifiers come in a variety of brands and models, including the ReliOn Cool Mist Humidifier. Set up and use this device according to the manufacturer’s safety instructions. When you are not using the humidifier, unplug it and empty it.
Step 1: Set Up
Place the humidifier away from heat sources like space heaters, stoves, and radiators on a flat surface. Water should not penetrate the surface. It should also be at least six inches away from a wall, according to the ReliOn Owner’s Manual. As a result, adequate air circulation is ensured.
Step 2 To remove the water tank, grab the handle on the water tank and lift it.
Step 3: Remove the filter from the base and set it in a bowl of cool water. To minimize mineral build-up, soak it while filling the humidifier. When filling the humidifier in the future, always follow this procedure.
Step 4: Turn the water tank on its side. Remove the bottom cap by unscrewing it.
Step 5: Fill the tank with cool water, never hot. Remove the cap and replace it.
Step 6: Replace the filter in the base’s removable tray. Reinstall the water tank in the base.
Precautionary measures when using ReliOn Humidifier
Connect the humidifier to an electrical outlet.
Change the setting of the control knob from “Off” to “High” or “Normal.” The high setting gives a higher level of humidity, but it is also noisier. Although the normal environment is quieter, it does not produce as much water mist.
Refill the humidifier’s water tank until it gets dry. Before removing the water tank, always turn the machine off and unplug it. Subsequently, empty the removable tray in the base’s bottom before replacing the water tank.
How to take care of your ReliOn Humidifier
What you will require:
- Hydrogen peroxide or household bleach
- a one-gallon jug
- White vinegar that has been distilled
- Lint-free microfiber cloths
Never scrub the inside of the water tank or reservoir with soap or detergent. If there is a stain on the exterior, wipe it with a slightly soapy cloth and then rinse with a slightly wet cloth. The base should never be submerged in water.
The basic components of ReliOn cool mist, warm mist, and ultrasonic humidifiers are the same as those of other brands – a water tank and a base with a water reservoir. A demineralization filter is included in some models to prevent mineral deposits from forming inside the reservoir. No matter which ReliOn humidifier model you have, these components should be cleaned and descaled at least once a week to remove bacteria and mineral deposits.
Turn the ReliOn humidifier off.
Could you remove it from the power outlet?
- The water tank must be removed from the base. Remove the tank cap, empty the tank, and then, if necessary, remove the filter cartridge.
- Down the drain, pour the water from the base reservoir.
- Fill a 1-gallon jug halfway with water and set it aside. 2 tbsp hydrogen peroxide or household bleach in the water. To mix, close the jar and gently shake it.
- Fill the water tank with 2 cups of the solution. Cap the tank and vigorously shake it for 30 seconds and pour the solution out.
- Freshwater should be added to the tank. Replace the cap and shake it for another 30 seconds. Drain the water and give the tank a good sniff. If you used bleach and can still smell it, repeat the rinsing process until the bleach is gone.
- Allow the water tank to air dry.
- 2 cups water + 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar to remove mineral deposits, soak a lint-free microfiber cloth in the solution and gently wipe all surfaces within the reservoir. Rinse the vinegar and residues away with a wet cloth that is only moist with water.
- To remove dust, wipe the outside of the base with a slightly damp cloth. If your filter is washable, rinse it under running water to remove mineral deposits, or soak it in the remaining vinegar and water solution for five minutes before rinsing it.
- Put your humidifier back together. Then turn it on by plugging it in.